Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2013

Damage Control

As Christians we need to put into perspective what we believe in. 

We just can't go on thinking what others tell or want us to think because God has given us our own mind where we think things over.  Not all that is said or done by a reverend or a leader of any given church will be what God has intended it to be, why do these people think they own the truth. 

To be righteous no one owns the truth, it's more like it means something different for everyone.  We have a scenario that maybe repeats itself throughout many churches where a religious leader speaks up and tries to influence his or her flock to see things their way. 

You need to ask yourself,  why does this have to happen this way?  If their influence is trying to hurdle you towards what you don't believe in then you need to make a u-turn.  No one needs to be bullied into something they don't believe in. 

For example, recently I heard a reverend talk about how we needed to read the bible to be able to debate Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs.  If we weren't up to it then probably we didn't study our bible enough.  While I was listening I kind of thought,  how can he know if I read or not the bible to make that assumption.  Maybe I do read my bible but, am not up to debating them. 

Why in Earth would I do that? 

Sometimes Jehovah's Witnesses do come around and preach their preach, but I really don't see anything wrong with that.  All they do from what I see is try to talk to people about being a better parent or  person.  They give you their magazine and go on their way, obviously if your interested they will come into your home and give you their complete course on bible and try to convince you to join forces with them, nevertheless I'm not interested in debating their points from mine. 

From my point of view none of us really has the absolute truth, our individual truth is what we choose it to be. 

During our personal reflection is when we are able to do damage control to the hitting our faith gets once in a while.  The sad part is that our faith is hit harder at church. 

Let's try to link our spirituality with religion to see how that works. There more religious the less spiritual.  On the other hand, the more spiritual the better person I become. 

A great question to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment